In this digital age, technology has become increasingly private – that makes it difficult to set a framework for good and timely usage. It does, however, influence how we relate on a personal and on a community level. For those reasons, we would appreciate if you consider the following:
1. Please don’t use technology during:
2. Please carefully consider gadget use:
• During study time (Perhaps download lectures and listen on flight-mode).
• After 10pm (Screen light disturbs sleeping patterns).
• During conversation (People and face-to-face are more important).
3. Sacred spaces (Smart device free zones):
• The lounge
• The dining room
4. Designated tech space:
• The office. We encourage to cover the majority of communication here.
5. Further notes:
• Some families might have gadget-baskets out during lunch. Please park Precious here, when available.
• We do understand the urge to share and look at photos. Please do this out of the sacred spaces. (Notice that cameras are welcome everywhere).
• We do recommend some students to take a break from tech, while at L’Abri. For others, it is a helpful chance to downscale. Please respect these efforts, thank you.