How to Pay your Tuition / Fees
How much are daily fees ?
• 50 Swiss francs/night for 1-3 nights
• 40 Swiss francs/night for 4-55 nights (up to 8 weeks)
• 35 Swiss francs/night for 56 nights+ (8 weeks+)
Family rates for 2021
Adults pay the standard price, while children’s rates are as follows (regardless of length of stay):
• 7fr/night for children aged 6-17
• 3fr/night for children aged 2-5
• Free for children who are 0-1 years old
Our minimum rates for small and young families are:
• 110 Swiss francs/night for 1-3 nights
• 90 Swiss francs/night for 4-55 nights (< 8 weeks)
• 75 Swiss francs/night for 56 nights+ (> 8 weeks)“
What do these fees include ?
3 meals per day, a bed (with linens), use of library, lectures, tourist tax, etc.
When are fees due ?
All fees are to be paid in advance or promptly upon arrival. Please see a worker for payment.
Can I get a refund?
If you shorten or cancel your stay, we will refund your fees minus an administrative charge of 50 swiss francs and any transfer or conversion fees.
Confirmation of Payment
Please note, that because of the variety of payment methods, we currently have no automated payment confirmation. Please check your bank statements for this, or contact us for a receipt.
For more questions, see our F.A.Q.
You can make your reservation here.
• Swiss Francs only
• No extra fee
• Money can be withdrawn at UBS bank in Villars or Aigle, using your credit or debit cards. Be mindful that there is often a withdrawal limit of about 350-500 francs per day at a typical ATM. You may need to plan ahead to get the required amount.
Credit and debit cards
• 2.5 % fee for credit card
• Accepts Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Discover, Google Pay, Apple Pay
Please note: that our account info has been updated. Do not use the old account number and organization name.
3. Bank transfer to our Swiss account
• From any international or Swiss bank, with Swiss francs (CHF) as destination currency
• Please let your bank know that your account is to take on any transfer fees.
• Here is our bank information:
|Account Name||Fondation de la Communauté L’Abri|
|Bank Address||Banque Cantonale Vaudoise 1001 Lausanne, Switzerland,|
|at the branch in 1884 Villar-sur-Ollon, Switzerland|
|IBAN||CH74 0076 7000 E553 4758 4|
|SWIFT||BCV LCH 2L|
|Notes||Please include a note saying “[Your Name]’s student fee”|
Tip for international payments:
Many students and visitors have found Wise to be a helpful resource for international bank transfers (www.wise.com or on their App iPhone or Android). Their low fees and user-friendly website make the process much easier and economical.
(For the moment we are not able to offer US- tax receipts for any donations into our BCV Account as of Dec 13. Please donate through one of our other means of giving.)
Here is the information required by Wise:
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of the charity: Fondation de la Communaute LAbri (please enter this name exactly)
Recipient’s Address :
Country : Switzerland
City : Huémoz
Address : Route de Villars 89
Postal code : 1884
IBAN : CH74 0076 7000 E553 4758 4 (Yes, there is a E in there)
Alternative payment methods (not preferred, but possible):
Note: we charge a 1% fee for student fees paid in USD to cover alternative exchange rates, transfer fees and admin.
Bank Transfer to American Account (USD only)
• Transferring into our Wells Fargo account is only possible from other Wells Fargo accounts. If you have another bank, please transfer directly into our Swiss account (see # 3)
• We charge a 1% fee for all fees paid in USD
• If you would like to pay through bank transfer, please email email@example.com to get an updated quote which includes the exchange rate and fee.
PayPal (USD only)
• Paypal has a 2.2 % service fee + 1% L’Abri fee
• If you would like to pay through PayPal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an updated quote which includes the exchange rate and fee.
Personal Check in USD (now available on site as well)
◦ We charge a 1% fee for all fees paid in USD
• If you would like to pay by check, please ask email email@example.com to get an updated quote which includes the exchange rate and fee.
Contact form for exchange rate requests: